Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Always Best To Sleep on it First

You know when you've behaved rashly when you have regrets halfway into the "falling asleep" phase of the night. It happens to me all the time. I feel fine about something I've said or done, until I try to fall asleep. That's when I get hit with the... "I probably could have handled that better" thoughts, or the dreaded... "I should have said THIS instead."

Most of the time this sort of thing could be avoided entirely if I would just go to sleep first, before doing/saying that thing I would regret later. 

Maybe it happens to everyone...maybe it's just me.
All I know is the few people who read my blog post last night read it before I had a chance to sleep on it first. I should have known I would regret that one. As soon as the regret set in, just as I was going to sleep, I jumped out of bed and deleted the post:)

To those of you who read it: I do not condone premarital sex. Never have, never will. Call me old fashioned, call me archaic, call me whatever you want. But I think it's a bad idea.

To those of you who were lucky enough not to have read it: I was talking about a movie I saw, which happened, at one point,  to depict an unmarried couple participating in said activity, although not explicitly (it was a PG 13).
 
Now the rest of the post was just me having a little fun. It was totally harmless in that respect. But although I never mentioned the fact that this activity was alluded to in the movie, simply not mentioning it probably made it look like I was condoning it. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me. 

Let me just add that I am a person who appreciates beauty, in all it's forms. I appreciate all of Gods creations. (Well, I do have a hard time with some of the creepy ones, but other than that...)

I hope that will clarify the situation for those of you who read the post. In the future, I will get a good night's sleep before I post. Just as a precaution!

That's all I have to say about that!

Hope you are all doing well...keeping busy...making others smile along the way!

XO,




5 comments:

Bree said...

If it makes you feel any sort of better, I did the same thing yesterday and stayed up half the night fretting. Except, mine was said vocally so I couldn't go delete a post :) I think it happens to everyone.

mimi at cherry picked said...

I wondered what had happened to the post! Saw the first part of the post on my blog follower and then couldn't load the rest.

Now I understand!

The Pitter Pat Boutique said...

A blog is a place to express what you think and how you feel. Don't ever let anyone else make you feel like you did/said/thought something wrong.

:-) hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pitter Pat Boutique. And I agree with the statement of not condoning pre-marital sex--whether or not it was in reference to a movie. It isn't a good idea. So, bravo anyway! Have a blessed and peace-of-mind day! :-)

Jacqueline said...

Good for you! Hard to recommend anything these days - books, movies, etc. especially when they always slipa little something in. You are just too cute!