Wednesday, January 4, 2012

JUST IN: "Bohemian Festival' strike-offs!



Hope everyone is having a Happy New year! (So far) How are your New Year's resolutions coming?
I made it the first day...kept all my resolutions for that one day.
Day two, again, kept the resolutions.
Day three: all @%#* broke loose. I won't elaborate because it involves graphic details that I dare not expose on a public site. Let's just say I am going to get back on the horse today...later.

Why oh why is it so hard to keep those resolutions?? Sometimes I wonder if there are unseen forces at play here...I could explain but it would sound weird.
oh well.


ON to the topic of the day: BOHEMIAN FESTIVAL!
"What is that??" you might ask.
It is not a week long glorified party thrown by gypsies that you are all invited to...rather it is the name of my summer 2012 collection due to arrive on quilt shop shelves in June to be exact.
Today I am showing you a little glimpse of it from the strike-offs I was given to look over, to check for any changes I want to make in color, etc. These are little samples of the prints that are done up by the factory early on in the process, for the purpose of proofing before the final yardage gets printed.


 Luckily...and this is very rare, there were only one or two little changes I needed to make. Such as: "Darken this yellow, lighten up this pink". 




I am loving how this collection is coming together! It is going to be so much fun to sew with for spring...I am already envisioning all kinds of delightful designs coming together with these prints and colors. 
Something new (for me)...all of these fabrics can be mixed and matched to create a ton of luscious combinations for your sewing pleasure!! Rather than having three separate colorways with only a few cross-over colors, these can all work together beautifully.

We at Lila Tueller Designs also have a few new patterns in the making, so watch for those coming on the scene soon!

Hoping all of you have a wonderful, satisfying, fabulous 2012!!

Happy new Year everyone!


17 comments:

CJ said...

PRETTY!!!

The Pitter Pat Boutique said...

I'm in LOVE with this collection. I can already tell I'm going to go broke when these are released.

Addie said...

I love this collection! I see more quilt making in my future! Can't wait for the release!

dana said...

This may be your best collection yet!! I was so excited when I saw it in the Riley Blake Catalog and I already have it pre-ordered! How exciting for you, you must be very proud!!
Congrats!!

Jessie said...

Love it! I have a wedding to go to in April . . . when does it come out? I see cute dresses for my daughter in it!

Barb Elder said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!

Chelsea said...

I think I am going need to bolts of this one. Bolts and bolts.

Fran Kingston Dill said...

Wow, love them all! When can I get my hands on some of those????

Lila Tueller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a Matula ikrek said...

Cute collection!!! :o)

ShirleyC said...

I love these!

Lila Tueller said...

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it:)
I looked into the shipping date, and they tell me it's not till JUNE! Darn...

If you own a shop, pre-order now at RileyBlakeDesigns.com. It's selling fast!

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Beautiful collection! And I like that you can mix and match in so many ways. Can't wait to see it in person!

Sherry said...

This collection is beautiful. They will be wonderful to use in many different projects.

Katie Slade said...

I absolutely love this. I am having my second child in August so it will be out in time! I used your woodland bloom collection for my daughter's nursery and still love it. Thank you for making beautiful fabrics.

my4lilgirls said...

Oh my this looks like an absolutely beaytiful collection, will def be on the look out for these, just imagining all the beautiful makes from them :D
Karen x

M.Yeager said...

I love your new line! I can't wait to buy some!!!