Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finally...a few Quilt Market Pics!

So here we go...a week or two after market, I am finally up and running. It seriously took me this long to feel human again! There were many sleepless nights before and during the event, so when I came home I actually crashed for a while. Literally.
But I promised that I would bring home some pictures for you to see what market was like this time. I have just a little sampling here so you can get a feel for it.

First up: My little corner booth, which I did this time with Michelle Golightly, my partner in crime. That's Michelle there, with her back to the camera, helping a customer. The fabric collection we were featuring is called "Fiona's Fancy" (Riley Blake).


And this is Michelle. She lives across the street from me, and down a couple houses. Michelle is an amazing seamstress, among other things. In fact there are only a couple of things she can't do well that I know of: spell and draw. She had helped me through a couple of quilt markets, sewing samples and helping run the booth. Then I decided to put her to better use. When I was about to lose my sanity over all the things I was trying to do, I decided that I needed someone to take over the pattern design department of my business. I knew that she could do it. (I would of course need to do the drawings for her, and check her spelling...heehee)
So her very first pattern for me was the Deluxe Organizer pattern. And then for this market, she did three new ones: The Classy Cases, Casual Clutches, and Practical Pouches.

Now I still reserve the right to do a pattern myself if I ever get in the mood, but Michelle is going to be designing for me as well, as long as she can take it:)


And this above, is Michelle's daughter Mary. Mary was a major part of quilt market preparations this time, as she is SUPER smart, organized, and on the ball. We all know I lack in most of those categories, so thank goodness she was available and willing to help. Not to mention being 7 months pregnant!

This above is the London Peasant Top/Dress for Women, done in the orchid colorway of Fiona's Fancy. And below we have a sampling of the Cases and Clutches and Pouches Michelle designed and sewed for market.

These next two are shots someone took of us talking about our new stuff at a schoolhouse presented and sponsored by Riley Blake Designs.

Not the most flattering photos, but you can get the main idea.

Now lets move on to see some other designers booths.


This is the adorable elephant in Valorie Wells' booth. Elephants seemed to be the theme there.
Super cute!!



And this below is the amazing floor that Janine Morrison had in her booth...looked like a quilt, but it was vinyl flooring!



Janeen is always so clever with her use of fabric.


Next up is one of my faves...Tina Givens. She is always fun to talk to and makes me laugh every time I see her. Her booth is always a showstopper.


There was some really cool stuff happening on her floor as well!

This below is a quilt and sofa from Anna Maria Horner's booth.

She also has a collection of gorgeous ribbons, as you can see below.


You may recognize the next pic as Ty Pennington, formerly of Trading Spaces, and then of Extreme Home makeovers. He is now a fabric designer, and this is his second line for Free Spirit.


And these below are Ty's ties! Very cute...very clever, and I would actually love to dress my husband in these ties if he would let me. I love them!


Next up is the always fabulous Amy Butler. Her new fabric collection: Lark (I think).




And if having one very successful fabric designer in the family wasn't enough, Amy's husband David now has launched his very own collection. It's very manly, isn't it? Quite cool.


And last but not least, one of my good friends, Kay Whit of Serendipity Studio. Kay always has fresh new sewing patterns for women in her booth, as well as accessories clear to heaven. Nice booth Kay!





And last of all is me with my baby sister Lucy of Hot Scott patterns. I should not allow myself to pose next to her. She keeps me really humble!






All in all, quilt market was lots of fun, and lots of work, and lots of great things to see, people to meet, and friends to re-connect with! I always love going, and it is always over too soon for me:)


Now, I did promise to announce the winner of my contest giveaway...so check back on Tuesday for the winners! I am going to bed now:)

Hugs to everybody...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So many of my favourite designers, and the booths all look fantastic! Looks like you had a lot of fun, enjoy your rest now that it's over!

dana said...

Good job Lila! Your booth was stunning. I love all the bright vibrant colors of the designers that you photographed! It's so inspiring!! I hope things turn around here, so that I can get to the next quilt market.
Thank you for sharing!!
Dana

PS Silly girl... you are just as youthful and photogenic as your sister!

Grete said...

Ohhh - love your booth and of course ALWAYS your fabrics. Just got Fiona's Fancy for the shop 2 days ago and I am constantly touching them :o)
Really have to manage the trip to the US for the next quilt market - that looks so exciting. Hugs, Grete

Lila Tueller said...

Thanks guys! What would I do without the friends I have made through this little space on the web?! You are wonderful wonderful wonderful:)