Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack





Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Balmy, intoxicating, captivating. That's where I've been for the last week.
Now that I'm home again, it's hard to believe I was ever there. It was a dream, a blink of an eye, an ethereal vision.

Sometimes a person needs to escape reality, even for only a few days. Hey, I'll even take a few hours...like a good movie and dinner, getting lost in a really great book, a relaxing massage, a hot bath with candles.

But this was better, WAY better. True, it's all a mirage now, but it was real for a while, and that made all the difference. I'm refreshed and ready. Bring on the kids, the dog, the phones, the computers, the cooking, laundry, dishes...you know the drill.

Here are just a few pictures I captured on my trip to Cabo. I hope you can relax a bit and pretend you are there too as you take them in.















Thanks to Kirk and Jackie, our neighbors and friends who shared their beautiful home with us! We were spoiled beyond belief!

I got a pretty good tan for being there only a week. That is something that will fade away with time. (A really short time actually) But our memories will take much longer to fade. Then it will be time to go back again!! Hint hint;)

Just wanted to share that with you. I hope you enjoyed your little moment in Cabo!

12 comments:

Jenny Plumb said...

The colors and shapes you captured would be lovely in the fabric you create. So bright and vibrant!

Chelsea said...

P A R A D I S E !

Absolutely beautiful.

Megan @ MiaDolceOriginals said...

Ahhh - looks fabulous! We also just got back from vacation - there's definitely no place like home, but still... always tough leaving such a a beautiful, relaxing place :) Welcome back!

Laurie said...

wonderful pics :) thanks for sharing!

quiltmom said...

Mexico is so beautiful- I love all the gorgeous flowers and the buildings. It looks like such a fabulous place to visit.
Thanks for sharing your little mirage.
We all need special holidays.
Regards,
Anna

ByTheSea said...

Oh Goodness... so beautiful.. I want to stay at that house.. beautiful. Hubby and I have not been on a vacation in many many years.. his job keeps him busy when everyone is vacationing.. so excited for him retiring in 3 or so years. Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos.

Shari said...

You lucky duck! I'm glad you had a mini getaway! :)

Jennifer said...

Ahhh - I just feel the warm sun, feel the ocean breeze and smell the flowers from your pictures. Beautiful - glad you could have such a wonderful break. Mexico is beautiful - my husband proposed to me in Mexico - special place

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOH, so gorgeous and heavenly! Those times are so hard to come back to reality from, but at least you got a little refreshment! Thanks for sharing!

Elisha said...

Lucky you!! I'm new to your website and your patterns but so far I love them especially that they are mostest for me and my kids.. Thanks for that.. My parents just moved to cabo and they love it.. IT sure is beautiful there that's for sure..

Sell WoW Accounts said...

WoW! what a beautiful place. .the place the beach. . so great. . perfect!=)

Daniel River said...

wow! that place looks soo wonderful. i would like to go there someday :D