Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays!! ...a Pattern Sale...and an Unfortunate Problem

Click on this logo (above), or any pattern (scroll down on the right) to go to the pattern shop. Markdowns are shown.


Hello everyone,

It's me, (not the cat, although I feel the way he/she looks) hoping everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing everyone a Happy New year!! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you Happy Holidays anyway! I meant to post before Christmas...but you know how it can get.
I just never quite got it done. But better late than never, right?


So...
I've been busy this Christmas, sewing up little gifts and things, as I usually do.
This year I decided to make some little sun-glass cases and cosmetic cases for my female gift recipients to use in their purses.


Everyone got a matching/coordinating set. Simple but useful.
I started out basic, and then I got a little fancier. But not too fancy. They needed to be quick or I knew I'd never get them done.

I also made some skirts for my daughters, and my granddaughters. Unfortunately, pictures of those will have to wait till I can get Abby to model them for me. Right now she's engrossed in the "Wii". Not a chance.
I used the "Hippy Chick" skirt pattern by Pink Fig,

and I used the Stripwork skirt pattern, also by Pink Fig for the little skirts.

I took little liberties with all of them...it seems I always do that.
Aren't these patterns great??

I hope all of you had fun getting ready for the season of gift giving, and that you have had better weather than we have. We have lots of snow, but it has been unusually gray and dismal. In fact, it has been many days since I've seen the sun at all. That gets old real quick.

This picture is of the mountains behind my house, on a nice sunny day...before the "smog" set in and ruined the view.

I don't do well in this kind of atmosphere. My allergies have been acting up because of the junk that is trapped in the cloud cover, and I am just generally feeling a little under the weather. But that is not the actual "unfortunate problem" I mentioned in today's post title.
The
real "unfortunate problem" is this:
It would seem...unfortunately...that my new Cambridge Bag pattern is missing the Curve Template, that should have been included in the pattern.
Although It has been added now, until December 20th, I actually was not aware that it was not printed with the pattern pieces. Don't ask me how I didn't notice. Blame it on my age, blame it on me being blond. (Actually I'm not really a true blond...) Blame it on the fact that I had been staring at the instructions for months, and it had all become mush in my brain. Blame it on whatever you want. But somehow I missed that little detail. Hmmmmm.

So...this, of course, is a problem.
It's a problem because I have sent out hundreds and hundreds of those patterns to points all over the globe. None of those people probably know yet that they are missing the template, and they are about to figure it out and send me emails. Some of them will be nice emails. Some of them will not be nice at all. Some of them might even be naughty. I can't really blame them, can I?.

So... now I have added the Curve Template to this blog, and you can click on the link under the "Pattern Corrections" section, (right side, scroll down past all of the pattern images) to download your template, which you can then print off.

If you own a shop, and you have Cambridge Cargo Bags in stock, Please print these out for your patterns, and insert them into the little pattern baggies. (I'm sure you are not busy at all and you have plenty of time for this activity.)

If you would rather I mail you the templates, send me an email requesting them and I will gladly send hard copies to you.


If you have purchased this pattern at a shop, and did or did not yet notice that you don't have that template, please just print one off for yourself and you should be good to go.

If you are just flaming mad and want to chew me out, feel free to do so. I can take it. It's totally my mistake, and I am owning it.

So there it is...I hope you will not let this stop you from making the bag. Don't let the lengthy instructions stop you either. (That's just me trying to be ultra-clear, and I probably went a little overboard.)

So back to the part about having a wonderful Holiday...I hope you are!!
Let us remember who this season is really about. I would like to include this little post from the Vintage Revival blog that I found to be extremely touching.

VintageRevivals.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas everyone!






4 comments:

momto2wasd said...

Merry Christmas!

And thanks for sharing the info on the pattern. I will print this out to put in the patterns that are in my shop. That will be 3 fewer angry customers!

Lisa T said...

Sometimes these things just happen...who can explain it!
I hope no one is too angry.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Lisa

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas! The view behind your house is amazing! It's makes me want to go skiing ASAP. Can't wait to see all the skirts you made for the girls.

Happy New Year too!
Jenny

salige lavendel said...

What a BEAUTIFUL blog you have!!! I am a designer too, but not fabrics and patterns. I design a postcard collection (and I also have an art and poetry collection). Are your patterns and fabrics sold anywhere in Norway??? I would love to see then live.