Friday, November 5, 2010

I"M BAAAACK....


Whew! It was a whirlwind, but soooo fun! International Quilt Market in Houston is officially over, but you wouldn't know it if you looked in my house right now. There are boxes and papers, samples and patterns, fabric scraps and trims and way more mess than before I left, I think! My husband is very patient, but this is totally taking over our living quarters.
I really need a warehouse, and a staff of people to help me organize myself.
(NOT my forte')

Anyway...I have just a few pictures for today. The rest will have to wait till Monday. These are all from my booth, and I'm sorry there isn't one of the whole thing from a distance. They are all snippets from different angles, so it's hard to get an idea of the booth as a whole. But no matter...it's a start:)


This above, is Michelle in the long skirt, who is my neighbor and friend, who came to save my life in multiple ways! she was the hardest worker, the happiest helper and the first to fall asleep at night.
THANKS A TON MICHELLE!!

In the foreground is Jessica, who is a long time friend who came from Massachusetts to help me with my booth, and to bring her art designs to look for a position designing. She did both, and will soon be working for Andover Fabrics as a fabric designer!! I'm soooo proud of her! She has tons of talent, and she deserves to have her work recognized in a big way!
Congrats Jess!!! (And thanks for all your help!)

This above, is a little fabric necklace and belt I made and featured in my schoolhouse the day before market opened. It was fun...and I think everyone liked their ceramic necklace gifts!



So that's it for now!
There was sooo much to see, so many fabulous booths, so much beautiful fabric, so many wonderful new patterns, and all the fun, bright, happy faces shining with excitement!
I just love reuniting with all of my quilt market friends...we always have so much fun!
I can't wait to show you the video that Jessica took for me, which she is busy editing as we speak, I'm sure! Right Jess??? (Snore)
I know it's way harder than I can imagine...and I know she's really tired from her trip. but I'm so impatient!
It should be fun to watch.


Have a great weekend!!



12 comments:

manoucarre said...

Hello Lila,
Had to leave you a message on your blog to say how happy I was to see you. Your booth was so cute and I was jealous about those shoes, they are really too cool!!
I'll be seeing you very soon!!
Bisou de france!
Emmanuelle

Sheri Howard said...

Lila,
Your booth looked so cheerful! I am happy about your move, hope things go well for you.....thanks for the necklace!~~Sheri

Karamat said...

I LOVE my necklace from Schoolhouse! Thanks so much!!!

Allie said...

Your booth looks beautiful!

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

Oh I love the colors!!! Can't wait to see it in person, I always love your fabric!!

Jenny said...

The photos of your booth are great! And thank you so much for the beautiful necklace. I can't wait to get Isabella in stock! I'm dying to make a London dress for myself!

Lila Tueller said...

Thanks to all of you...I feel like we are all friends!

Anonymous said...

Where can we buy your patterns in Houston?

Lila Tueller said...

To Annonymous,

I will see if I can help you with that...I'm sure there are some quilt shops that carry them there. I'll look into it and let you know. Can you give me your email??

Thanks!
Lila

Jacqueline said...

Everything looked gorgeous Lila. I love all of the fun fabrics and colors. The pillows all turned out so cute. What a fun way to use these great fabrics. You girls look so good in your matching denim and white, did you plan that?! Thinking of you in Cabo.

Hannahrosepetal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Mormann said...

♥ Hey, Lila, I'm editing it right now!!! Thanks Lila!!

♥ It has great people in it like ♥ you & ♥ Michelle & ♥ the Riley Blake girls & designer ♥ Lucy Morey & designer ♥ Chelsea Andersen...

♥ Love, Jess