Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Contest That Not Too Many Folks Cared About

CONTEST CLOSES TONIGHT ( Tuesday the 27th) AT MIDNIGHT (mountain standard time)

OK...I am about to close the "Slowest Contest on Record"...so if you were thinking about participating, you should do it now.

I call it that because I don't think I've ever seen a contest with so few entries! Was it the "guess the designer" part that had everyone scared?? I'm just trying to figure it all out...I think it was just too hard, and I shouldn't have assumed that everyone would know the answers! I'm so embarrassed!! Don't tell any of my celebrity designer friends...they will laugh me out of the industry!

It kinda reminds me of when I was in school, and the teacher would give out a test that was really hard...like 97% of the class was totally stumped and failed miserably. The only ones that did OK were the genius students who knew more than the teacher did to begin with. And the teacher had been so engrossed in the subject matter for so many years, he just assumed that the rest of the class was as obsessed and over-informed as he was.
WRONG...

So anyway, I appreciate all of you who took the challenge and played! Some of you (geniuses) were spot- on! Many of you (high achievers) were almost correct...just skipping one or two, or getting one or two wrong. Then there was the bulk of you...who didn't even attempt to comment, let alone enter. (You know who you are!)

Don't worry...I promise to be gentle, I'll grade on a curve, so to speak, and give all of you who entered the benefit of the doubt. (You geniuses...you always hated that curve thing didn't you?)

...Then I'll let the "randomizer" pick the winner for me!

Hey, did I tell you I was just in California at Disneyland with all my kids except one, and my two little grand daughters?
So much fun!! (But REALLY hot)

Here's a little picture of us on the "It's a Small World" ride. (Why does my nose have to look really HUGE??)

Halle HATED just about all of the rides...this one she wasn't sure about, Was it scary? Not scary? It was hard to tell. She had that kind of "I think I might cry, but maybe not" face on all the way through.

(Lola thought it was pretty boring after the first country of little people dancing around was over. Not one bit scared. The bottom of the boat was lovely too.)

She (Halle) really hated the Pinocchio ride, (all those freaky puppets dancing around, and that spooky Stromboli guy). She screamed bloody murder the whole way through.

And she definitely did not want to get up close to any Disney characters. Weird. Not even Cinderella or Mickey Mouse.

You think you know a kid...I thought she'd LOVE Disneyland. We were all a little thrown off by her. Maybe in a couple more years??

Remind me to tell you the story about how Troy (my 7 year-old) disappeared at the beach. I still get a little teary-eyed just thinking about it.

Later!
Lila

15 comments:

SEWphisticated Mama said...

Hi Lila!
I think it's a great contest... but it was challenging! I looked and looked and looked to find the exact fabrics... There were two specific fabrics that I could not find ANYWHERE! The rest I did find... it was fun looking though! Your prizes are awesome! I'm still crossing my fingers :-) THANKS!!

Gorby family blog said...

I loved the contest! I really thought I had all the designers correct but I'm seeing so many people say Jennifer Pagenelli that I'm starting to wonder where I may have gone wrong. It really was lots of fun! Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I win! Do I get extra entries since my 17 month old daughter is named Lila???

Strictly Sewing said...

I thought it was a challenging contest but I liked the challenge. You are so generous with your giveaways that it is okay to throw in a curve ball every once and awhile. I felt good about myself knowing at least half of the designers. Besides it's a really cute dress!!! Too bad about Disneyland. Children are so unpredictable.

Lila Tueller said...

To Gorbyfamilyblog:

You named your child Lila???!!!???
That is amazing! I have only met a couple of Lila's in my lifetime. You definitely deserve something for that! How old is she?

Anonymous said...

Hi hi! Since Fabricland is a place that I don't inhabit, I wasn't going near this contest. But I wanted to let you know, again, just how funny you are! This post made me smile.

Love, George

poshfairies said...

Hi Lila
Next time you want to go to Disneyland...take my kids lol I'm sure they'll have a good time.
Pina

Wendy P said...

Having come from the East Coast (PA and VA) and having heard my grandmother sing "Its a Small World" a lot as we took car trips, I was so jazzed to see the real thing when we moved to So Cal.

Maybe she just needs more car trips with Disney songs and Disney movies? (I had LPs of the fairy tale ones because I am pre-VHS aged.) Next visit it awe inspiring instead of scary I bet.

Gorby family blog said...

My baby is almost 17 months old now. Lila is becoming a popular name, at least where I live. I know three babies with that name now. I made a quilt for her last year and was torn between two lines of fabric. My deciding factor was that she shared her name with you, so I went with Soiree for her quilt!

melinafaithsmith@hotmail.com said...

Okay,
enough with the cute Funky Peasant Blouse pics of you-if I win, I SOOOO want that pattern as one of the patterns!!! I drool every time I see it!! It is REALLY a super skinny looking pattern-and I need it so I can look skinny too!! Hehehehe!
Anyway, hope I got all the designers right-I checked fabric lines and Etsy shops and designer blogs for over five hours. Yeah, I am that dedicated, but it always seems when I order patterns or fabric, it's for everyone else except me, and I thought, you know, your patterns are mostly for women, so why not me? And your new fabric line, my favorite yet-LOVVVVEEE it in the bold colors-I so like to make a splash!!!! And it's my turn now!!! Happy Guessing Everyone, and this was a fun one for me, cause I like to do stuff like this!!!

Anonymous said...

I was one of the ones that wasn't up to the challenge, do enjoy your patterns a lot. And can't wait to get some Isabella.
Carrie P

Donna S. said...

Yep, I am just starting to try to quilt & had no idea on the answers so I didn't enter?!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help notice the young man in the back of the boat and the look in his eyes to the beautiful girl beside him. Perhaps his girlfriend? You can just imagine the love in his heart for this girl.

Lila Tueller said...

The young man in the back is our son's best friend who came along on the trip with us, and the girl is my daughter. I think it's pretty safe to say that he does indeed love her. That's the LOOK you are seeing. Lucky girl, huh?

missavene said...

I guess I should have given it a shot anyway, oh well, I knew you, Amy Butler, and Sando Henderson, and that's it :) Well, next time, I'll give it a whirl.... I love the family pick at Disneyland.

nylon spandex fabric said...

interesting post,thank you