Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Patterns and Fabric...Yay!

Hello All! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter (that is if you celebrate it), and are looking forward to lots of lovely springtime weather! I know I am:) I just wanted to let you in on some news here at Lila Tueller Designs;

I have been very busy creating some new sewing patterns for your sewing enjoyment! It has literally taken months to accomplish this, and I hope you will like them as much as I do!
I have 3 new patterns on the horizon that I hope you will enjoy: The first two are for Tween girls in sizes 8-16. They are fun and girly, but not too over the top, so as not to scare off your fickle teens! (I have some of my own...so I get it.)

The first is called "The London Peasant Top/Dress"

(It was a cold, windy day, and my daughter Abby was not one bit happy to be modeling for me.)


This Top/Dress has a gathered neck and waist, sleeve options, length options, skirt panel options, and flat piping to add a little interest here and there. And there is a tiered version for the more feminine types.


Here it is with a bell sleeve, done in some Spirit fabric with some cool blue accents:




The next one is called "The Abigail Dress/Top"
It has a "Y" shaped neck band, and a front waist band with ties in the back. It has sleeve options, length options, and hemline options, to name a few. This pattern cover shows just one way to make it: with pockets, ruffled hem and sleeves.



Above you can see two ways to make this pattern.

Here it is below, as a top, done in Eden for spring. Notice the cap sleeves , and there is no ruffle here, but a hem band instead. And no pockets.




And here it is as a top, done in oranges, greens and browns, with a double banded hem, longer double banded sleeves, and without pockets.


And below, done in Tina Givens and Kaffe Fassett...in the longer top with the cap sleeve, narrow hem band, and pockets again.




So, with these two new patterns, you will be able to make lots of cute new things for your "tween" to wear!

Last but not least, The Santa Monica Jacket and Cap for adults.

The gorgeous creature modeling this outfit is my friend Marin. She is the mother of 3, and is a total knock-out! (As you can see.) She isn't allowed to walk next to me in public. ( Just kiddin':)


This pattern is designed to be made using my new "Spirit" twill fabric, coming out in the fall, as shown in the photo here, OR, you could make them before then using anyone's twill, canvas, corduroy, poplin, or upholstery weight fabric. You can also make it using regular quilting weight fabric, backed in a nice woven fusible interfacing.

I plan on having it ready to be released in about 2 months or so. The others should be ready by the first week of May.

As soon as the new patterns are available to ship, I will announce it and have them activated and up on my right sidebar, so you can order them for yourself!

However, if you are a wholesaler and would like to Pre-Order them, you can do that, and I will send them out to you as soon as they are available to ship. Just send me an email:

Lilatuellerdesigns@gmail.com


This brings me to my next topic...FABRIC!

I have been so busy sewing and writing up instructions, that I haven't even taken a second to show you my new fabric collection: SPIRIT

You can see little bits of it in the new pattern photos above. It's a really colorful collection to inspire you to sew in fall 2010.

This collection will be showing at the Spring Quilt market in Minneapolis in May. It won't be available in stores until early fall...that's just the way it goes in Blogworld/Fabricland. It's an annoying fact we all have to deal with.


Anyway...I promise to put up pictures of it soon...but first I have to feed my kids some lunch, brush my hair and my teeth, put on some clothes, and try to be a human mom for a while!

Sorry for that little taste of reality...but that's me.

UPDATE: Here they are: The Spirit Line-up in pinks, greens, oranges, golds, browns and blues.


Hope you'll enjoy sewing things with them...not exactly for the faint of heart:)

Love to you all...
Lila

40 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

The girl's patterns are very cute but I would absolutely make that jacket for me! And the fabrics are beautiful...again!

mandbrid said...

Gorgeous!!!! The fabric is stunning and I'm going to have to get my hands on those pattens....my daughter will have a great time in those tops/dresses.

Jandi said...

I LOVE THEM! I always have a hard time finding cute patterns for my daughter. She will love the London. And, of course, I wouldn't mind a jacket and cap for myself. I can't wait until they're available!

Andrea said...

Oh I am in love with it all! I am working on a funked out peasant top right now. Just have to finish the top elastic and bottom band! So excited. I'd love to make a jacket and hat for myself in the fall!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cute jacket! I love it. THE hat makes it even better.

Dianne said...

I love the corals! Beautiful!

a little bit biased said...

The fabric is amazing. Love the colors - can't wait to see it in person! And I LOVE that jacket. So cute! Yay for finishing such big projects!

Melissa Stramel said...

Love, love love it all. I would so wear those dresses. But I will be all over that jacket. I'll be a market, so I'll have to stop by and say hello!

pina said...

Lila you have no time to brush your hair and teeth lol... cos you need to get back on the drawing board and make that jacket in sizes for us "older" kids.
JUST LOVE IT!!!!!

P.S please
Pina

Ruth said...

Fun new patterns and the fabric looks great for fall!!
Hurray! Something to look forward to :)

Amy Priddy :||: Priddy Creations said...

Love the new patterns Lila and SOOOO looking forward to the new fabric line! Everything looks great!

kaiolohiakids said...

Love them-especially the Abigail! I make a habit of begging anyone who does patterns to do some tweens & I am so glad you did! Can't wait!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great patterns Lila and the first glimpse of the new fabric looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

Lori said...

Love these tween patterns. I wish they came in bigger sizes. I have a 13 year-old daughter that I would like to make the London dress for, but she is 5'10"!

Ariane said...

I love the new patterns. So glad that you are making tween patterns. As my daughter is growing and now is in that categorie. Thanks!!! Can't wait to get them.

jabeybaby said...

I love the jacket and cap pattern, I will definitely have to get one of those! And your fabric is beautiful!

SAS 'a frass said...

I love the London peasant dress and the coat with cab....SPECTACULAR! I love the colors and designs..you can't help but smile when you see them.

Jannis said...

I love the jacket and the fabric. Can't wait for fall!!!!

Nicki C K said...

eeeeeeeeeee *squealing* seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE this new line! GORGEOUS!! I cannot wait to make that jacket for me and my mom and my sisters! LOVE IT!

Fina said...

Hi Lila
I sure wish I had your talent for sewing. I'm going to try the Calista skirt soon.
Love the Spirit line. Love love love it.
Cannot believe how big Abby is. I don't even recognize her as the little girl from the beach in Hawaii.
Did I read somewhere you have a new grandaughter on the way? Congrats.
Actually congrats on everything you've accomplished and the fabulous patterns and fabrics!
Love,
Fina

Anonymous said...

Hey Lila!! Your bestest ever! The colors and designs are fantastic; you know what a Fall kinda gal I am. Good on you!!

Love, George

Staci said...

Wow!! Your new fabric is just gorgeous!

Debbie's World said...

I love, love, love your new fabric and patterns...can't wait to get myself a bunch and start sewing!!!!

Lisa said...

I think your daughter has a career in the modeling business, she's a natural. And the fabric and patterns are wonderful too!
Blessings,
Lisa

Julie Deuvall said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love them all and especially the jacket pattern and hat. Can't wait for the release.

missavene said...

We love you too Lila, thank you for sharing your beautiful talents with the world. Your designs bring sunshine to my days :)

Lila Tueller said...

....aw...gosh...thank you!
That makes it all worthwhile!

rxclothing said...

Thank you so much for designing tween patterns. My oldest daughter still loves it when I sew for her, but it's hard to find good patterns in her size. Love them!

The Tartan Armoire said...

So fun for us and immensely satisfying for you! Congratulation Lila.

Christie said...

Love the honeybee tucked in there! Way to go . . . again!

Kim said...

LOVE the jacket! Does the collar flip up to be a hood?

Lila Tueller said...

No...I thought about doing an optional hood, though. Maybe I still will.
Who wants one?

Kim said...

ME! We live in Rainy Seattle country...hoods are a necessity LOL.

Ellie-CraftSewCreate said...

That you so much for Tween sizes! My girls are going to love these patterns, yay! And the fabric is absolutely gorgeous as usual!

gillian said...

Okay, so Brittney is in my ward and she just sent me a link to your blog so I could see your new patterns and I'm DYING, DYING I tell you, over the London Peasant Top. I NEED my daughter, Scarlet, to have it!!! It's kinda amazingly gorgeous.

Good luck on your new gbaby tomorrow!!!

Beyond exciting...

Julie said...

Lovely designs! Makes me wish I were a fabric designer!

momto2wasd said...

I love those fabrics--especially the oranges! And the jacket pattern and that you will have a twill!! Yay!

erika said...

Your patterns are amazing and I just love your fabric!! I will have to make some little baby shoes out of these fabrics!!!
erikabrandon.blogspot.com

Megan said...

this line is gorgeous! I was given some to create a sample for the Moda booth at market! Loved it! sharing a few pics friday on my blog! :)

prashant said...

I love the corals! Beautiful!
Adsense Alternative