Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

OH MY GOODNESS it's practically 2010 and I'm still alive!

See, when I was younger I thought for sure the end of the world would come around the year 2000. This theory allowed me to persist in the delusion that I would never become old. I had myself convinced that I would cease to exist in this human form, and continue on in a perfected state that would be blissfully happy and beautiful.

Now that that theory has been blown, I realize that I really don't know how to cope with the facts. I have never prepared myself for the aging process that has clearly set in. Besides that, I have never cared too much about life insurance, or writing a will, or any of those sorts of things. I hardly thought it would be necessary to do anything at all but wait for that inevitable day to arrive. That day somewhere between 1999 and 2001.

So, you may be wondering what I was thinking when the year 2000 came and went with no catastrophic events occurring to speak of.
It's true...I was stunned, but also a little grateful. I mean... who really wants to be vaporized by a nuclear warhead or whatever it was going to be...or worse, to have survived it, only to live in some weird post-apocalyptic society, systematically hunting down whatever food and clean water there was left before becoming cannibals or something like that. That is the only other scenario besides the ghastly death I would incur by the world "ending" that I was truly afraid of. I guess I'd seen Mad-Max a few too many times.

Well, so here I am...still alive and relatively OK. I guess there are worse things than growing old and living in the regular world a little longer. Although... I wouldn't have minded too much having to hang out with Mel Gibson in some burnt out bombshell sort of "Thunderdome" existence.

Let's hope that 2010 is just the beginning of a great new decade, with all sorts of medical discoveries, and where aging becomes a thing of the past.
Could one of you scientifically-minded geniuses out there please work on that one for me? I'd be most grateful. Just send me a lifetime supply of whatever you come up with, and a bill, preferably payable through Paypal, and I'll be fine.
OR...we could do a trade! A lifetime supply of fabric and sewing patterns in exchange for the fountain of youth. It'll be our little secret!

Have a great new year, Love to you all!
Lila

1 comment:

April said...

You're darling. :)