Monday, August 24, 2009

Pillows are Popping Out All Over






Hey blogworld!
Sorry I've been absent for a while....I've been busy working on a few litle items for a couple of new patterns. This time I'm going to do some Home Decor patterns, or should I say "bedroom" decor. I can't show everything just yet, because, well, it's not finished yet! But these are a couple of the new pillows I am working up a pattern for. There will be three of them in the pattern, with different options to make them unique. There will also be a pattern for making a full bedding set for a twin bed, and lots of ideas for customizing store bought bedding.
I think I like what's happening, but I will tweak a few things before it's final, like placement and size of certain elements, etc. It's all just sort of a "figure it out as you go along" process.
These are done in my Santorini collection, But I'll be working from my "Eden" collection as soon as it comes in for me to use! These pillows are of one of the new patterns that I will be showing in my booth at Quilt Market in October.
Never a dull moment! Did I tell you that my last child is now in school? How did I function before??? I don't know, but I didn't do it well, that's for sure.

I feel like I just came out of a deep, dark, sleepy hole into the sunlight. Can't quite explain it, but it is wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by...Lila

15 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love all the new pattern ideas! So cute in Santornini!

Jennifer said...

Cute pillows!!

the Material Girls Quilts said...

Fabric is in at the shop and it is fantastic!! I am excited for your new patterns and what not! Shelby my daughter is working on the boots stilllllllll, I'll post when we get them done.
Nadine

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

My last won't be in school for 3 more years......ugh! I do finally have 5 in school this year. I'm not in the sunlight yet....but I can kind of see it from here!

Aubrey said...

love them Lila, they're very cute!

Srinity said...

Lovely pillows!

The Drizzled Apple said...

Yay for school!!!!
Don't forget to laugh a little, or we'll just have to catch up at market ;). Love ya!

....CHELSEA.... said...

ooooooooh, I love those!

My kids start school tomorrow. YIPEE!!!!!

Rebecca said...

The pillows are GORGEOUS!!! Just what I need! Can't wait to see the pattern!

Pat said...

I can't wait till Christmas.

Sassy Becker Designs said...

That is so funny! A master thesis is a great idea. Not used your fabric or patterns YET but really love the looks!

CrazyOldLadies@gmail.com said...

YEA! They are beautiful. Glad you're feeling the sunshine- it's so fun, isn't it!? ;o)

jaybird said...

adorable!! i look forward to seeing them in your new fabric...

Dandelion Quilts said...

Aren't these spectacular!!

HenJen said...

Hi Lila,
Love your fabrics and your philosophy! I am working on my Spring '10 handbag line and am going to consider using some of your fabrics.

All the best to you!