Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I know I'm Obsessed when...

...I read a book (Breaking Dawn) for 3 days straight, and on the last day I actually sit in my closet reading till 4:00 am...not one bit tired.

...I forget that it's early day( because I'm sewing, and because I read Breaking Dawn till 4:00 am) and my son sits at school waiting for me for 1 entire hour. The saddest thing ever.

...I refuse to admit that I'm tired, grumpy and not fun to be around just so I can keep doing my "work" (which is actually a front for my most fun job ever), way into the wee hours of the morning when the rest of the sane world is sound asleep.

...I keep ending up at the Red Mango, just to be sure their amazingly tantalizing frozen yogurt is still as good as it was the last time. Yep. Still just as good.

...I can't stop putting pictures of my granddaughter on my blog space because I seriously believe she's the cutest thing I've ever seen, even though I know there are millions of Grandmothers out there who could argue that point.
Sorry, but we can't all be right:)

So here they are:

(These first two are of Halle in an adorable little reversible apron/smock that Pina, my friend from Blogworld (Australia) made and sent to me for her. How cute!!!)





Tell me what you are obsessed with. I need some new ones! (Except Halle...I can keep her.)

13 comments:

Missy said...

It is totally okay to be obsessed with 2 things - Halle (okay, she is a total cutie!) and the Twilight Series. I finished reading all 4 books and I was so happy because now I can actually do things beside reading!

Pink Lemonade Bags said...

After the seeing the obsessive pull Harry Potter has on my life, I have avoided Twilight for fear of my family never seeing me again until I emerge after reading the entire series in a couple of days.

I am glued to my laptop for updates from sister Courtney about Stephanie and Christian Nielson's recovery. http://blog.cjanerun.com/

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

She is really cute, that last picture captures her smile. I hate to admit this because it isn't exactly a "family rated" show but I'm obsessed with Mad Men on AMC. I mean it isn't R rated or worse than prime time but it isn't something I'd tell people at church!

Des said...

I adore a good obsession and I can't think of anything finer than vampires and werewolves right now. Except when I throw in a heavy dose of Mamma Mia.

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Ok, so I'm not the only one reading the Twilight series into the night when I had 10 quilts to make for Market!! I just couldn't put them down! Now I live for the movie!! lol! But they are soooooo awesome to read--and I don't read hardly ever!!! This tells you how good they are.

wondermommy said...

I'm obsessed with...
fabric, blogs, holiday decorating, and for some reason Ghost Hunters (it is embarrassing to admit).

I really need to get the Twilight series, but I don't know when I will ever find time to read again.

Pina said...

I'm obsessed with magazines, 2 of my all time favourite are Australian Country Style and the British Country Living. Yet I seem to buy way to many others mainly craft. The way I see I don't smoke, drink or gamble, so how else am I to get any pleasure. (when my husband's not home lol)
Pina

Fran said...

I also get caught up in books and can't put them down. Missed a lot of sleep doing that, and had some very rough days because of it. You're not alone. But gee whiz some books are just like that. You can't put them down.

As for your cutie grandaughter, your allowed to crow...that's the bonus that God gives us for putting up with the terrible teens. lol...
I had 5 children and I now have 11 grandchildren, and every one was the prettiest or cutest baby in the world. And they were, in my heart and eyes. Have fun with her, she will grow up soooo... fast, our last grandbaby is already 8 and there are no more to come. Now I'm waiting for the greats, but I'm not too sure that will be any time soon.

~~Fran...:c)

creativedawn said...

Lila,
She is adorable and what a smile!!!!!
You should put her pictures on often...we have to see how she grows...lol!
hugz
Pam

The Zeediks said...

Thanks for posting all these photos Mama. I'm glad you love Halle, and she loves you too. It was really cute how you posted all that stuff. Thank you so much for staying with us for extra days and spending time with us! I loved having you here! When market drama has dyed down, we need to discuss breaking dawn. Don't think I don't have midnight tickets to Twilight in Hollywood on opening night... Sheri bought them!

The Zeediks said...

Somebody said the other day, "If I knew how great bieng a Grandparent would be... I'd have skipped the first step!"
Silly

princess*picasso said...

Little Halle is a doll--she has the cutest smile!! So, obsessions... Someone recently showed me how to play spider solitaire--bad! And fabric...I buy more than I make with it...I'm feeling the need to catch up and sell more stuff so I can get MORE!

Kate Brotherson said...

seriously..... Halle is precious! Breaking Dawn is addicting for all of us, and Red Mango... well, I am there at least 3 times a week. I am obsessed too!